3 deHoogs and a Lady

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!


What a great time of year. Full of anticipation, celebration, wonder and traditions. Usually it is full of family and hustle and bustle of people around the house. Alas, we must be content this year to enjoy just our little family and cook for 4. It doesn't take away from the many traditions that we partake in with our family. On Christmas eve we go to church and then come home and open our Christmas jammies. Then Mark reads the boys the Christmas story and puts them to bed. Aidan had a hard time going to sleep this year. He was too excited!

On Christmas morning, we open our stockings and then tear into the presents. Our breakfast is tradion for us. We have grapefruit halves that are cut and sprikled with sugar the night before and a baked omelette with toast. I feel blessed to have my husband and my boys. They are such joy to me. It makes it easier during the time of year that I miss my mom more than any other time of year. She so loved Christmas! Most of our traditions are passed down from my mom and today we honour you, Mom, as we remember all the Christmases of the past. I love you and miss you, Mom.





5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Renice said...

Hey Kim, I'm glad to hear you and your boys had a great Christmas. I'm sorry that your mom isn't there to share it with you. She was such a great lady. It's so nice that so many parts of her have carried on in you and your family and all the traditions that she passed on to you.
I hope you have a great New Year's Eve. And I hope we can get together before too much of the new year passes us by.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger CanaGal said...

Merry Christmas to Kim & Mark!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger bobsbeauties said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Kim! Kids are so much fun to watch and enjoy as they experience it all! Have a fun New Years and I hope it won't be too long before we'll see you all again! You are treasured friends!
Happy New Year hugs all around! Love ya! S.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Daemshort said...

Kim it sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. It is so nice to have things to pass on to our kids. Christmas does have a tendency to remind us of all we have lost however it does also remind us how important it is to cherish what it is we do have. It sounds like you do that for both you and Mark and Your kids. Have a happy new years. Deb

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger CanaGal said...

Happy New Years, guys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home