3 deHoogs and a Lady

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Winter Wonderland


I'm a little overdue for a new post and so much has been going on around our place this week. The snow fell and it fell and it fell. It meant for some pretty crazy driving conditions here in the Lower Mainland. No one here is prepared or equipped to drive on snowy roads. We were thrilled to see the beautiful snow. Every morning, as soon as the boys were awake, they begged to go out and play in the snow.

Sunday was a fun filled winter day. We played in the snow and Mark helped the boys build a 6 foot snow man. Ok, it was more like Mark built it and the boys would come over and check on his progress now and then. They even begged to destroy him. That's boys for you.

Later that afternoon, we went to Disney on Ice The Incredibles. The boys were thrilled. As we were leaving Aidan looked up at me and said, "wasn't that the most fun ever, Mommy?!". It really was a lot of fun. All in all, the perfect winter day.

I have a new Aidan story. This just happened yesterday. I was trying to get Aidan out of the house so that I could drop him off at Mark's office on my way to my hair appointment. Aidan really wanted to finish watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and was refusing to go. So, I had to physically take him down stairs to put on his coat and boots. He was so upset with me that he stated, "You are the worst mommy ever! I am going to find a new mommy who will let me stay home and watch my show!". When we arrived at Mark's office, I was taking Aidan out of his car seat and said, "Aidan, I love you. Even when you are angry at me.". He looked at me suprized and said, "Always?". To which I answered, "Always and forever!". He flashed me a huge smile and we walked hand in hand to the office. He may be dramatic, but he is a sweet, beautiful boy.

5 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger CanaGal said...

cute!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Cyriously? said...

Dramatic? Your son? Never! I don't believe it. He must get it from Mark. Drama, drama, drama that's what Mark is alright.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Daemshort said...

Oh Kim, You have a very sensitive child. It is lovely isn't it. One of our girls is a bit a drama queen. She comes up with a few good ones like that too. You just gotta love them don't you? It is great to hear what is going on in your life. Keep up the great posts. Deb

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Markimus said...

Ok CYR!!! ... you better be careful now!!!... I might have to give you some reason to have drama.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger elliott5inbc said...

LOL....the kids loves mickey mouse...it makes sense to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home