3 deHoogs and a Lady

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree






It seems as though almost everyone has a fake tree these days. We could never do it. Mark and I would miss the smell and the look. We would all miss going to get it. We go to a U-cut farm in Langley. This was our second year, so now it is our tradition. We went this last saturday, which turned out to be the perfect winter day. Last year our pictures don't look right as we are cutting down the tree with green grass all around us. We would show the boys ones that we liked and they would say yes or no. We finally found the perfect tree, cut it down, and took it back to be measured. Then we sat down by the fire with hot chocolate and candy canes while Mark secured the tree to the top of the van.

The boys were so excited to decorate the tree. All the ornaments were on the lower half of course, and I had to laugh at how they would group some of the decorations. Ethan had a whole section that he called his snowy section with every one of the glittery, silver snow flakes. The work begins after they are in bed and I undecorate and re-decorate the tree. I'm sure that when they are older, they will figure out that I do this, but for now I can make it look just perfect and they are none the wiser.

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Daemshort said...

You guys are so cute. Your pretty hot stuff yourself Kim. It is true about a fake, pardon me, ARTIFICAL, Christmas tree. It just isn't the same. We are planning on going into the bush at the end of next week to cut one down. Last year it was an allday adventure and the kids had a great time. Hopefully we can top it. Have a great day. Deb

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should come back to Smithers for(ever) Christmas.
I can use a good makeup artist... and we have lots of real trees.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger bobsbeauties said...

What fun Kim! Sadly this year we didn't get to a Christmas tree farm......the girls missed the hot chocolate and free hot dogs!! Good ol' Superstore pulled through for us this year! You need to become a scrapbooker Kim, you've got great pics!!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger CanaGal said...

We have a glass head, that I have named "bert". We put a santa hat on him and pile our loot underneath Bert. The cats haven't figured out yet, that Bert isn't a tree . . .

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger elliott5inbc said...

Can we still be friends...

We're artificial tree people...

but I ONLY USE M.A.C....

that has to stand for SOMETHING!!!!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Cyriously? said...

I'm SO with you on the real tree thing! I just can't do an artificial. I think it might be against my religion....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home