3 deHoogs and a Lady

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When Did You Know Your Mom's Favorite Things?

Do you remember how old you were when you realized that your mom had interests beyond cooking for you, cleaning up after you, and running you from school to swimming to your playdate? I don't remember how old I was when I figured out that horses were my mom's passion. I just seems that I always knew. Well, for Aidan that age is 4. Today while on a very emotional time out, through sobs and tears, my little boy yells out, "Mommy, if you don't get me off this time out, I'm going to take away all your clothes!". This is the part where you have to turn from letting your child see you laughing. This is justs a few short months after Aidan, while trying to talk me into giving in to his wishes, stated,"Mommy, if you let me I'll give you money." "For what Aidan?" "To buy more makeup!". Here's to Aidan and his fashion loving mom! Cheers!

10 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Megan said...

haha... Your children are wise Kim! That's priceless. I'm sad that I no longer get to watch them grow up, but it's fun getting to hear about them on here.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger .leanne said...

I will NEVER forget the time that I babysat for your boys and we were getting ready to go to the park, aiden was a happy camper but I couldn't get ethan to put on pants.... when i asked him why, he told me he didn't think they matched his shirt. I almost died trying to hold in my laughter.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger 3to1...outnumbered said...

That's my boy!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Cyriously? said...

Ha! I love it!

Don't tell me kids don't understand what's going on around them!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger CanaGal said...

yup, still the same old Kim

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger bobsbeauties said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boys are the best - You just can never figure out what is going on in their little minds. Or should I say complicated minds. Way to go Aiden.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boys are the best - You just can never figure out what is going on in their little minds. Or should I say complicated minds. Way to go Aiden.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger elliott5inbc said...

LOLOLOL...Oh how wise our children are sometimes....

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger The Rest of Matt said...

Oh sweet, I can totally relate, my kids are just so smart and witty... oh wait. I don't have any. I can't even find a girlfriend to save my life. I guess I'll just have to make up my own funny things to say. Things like... booger. Man, I bet that would be SO funny if Aidan said it.

Love you Kim,

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home